Another week of steady work.  The first job was to pull the running gear out so that the wheels could be undercoated.  We also spent half an hour adjusting the position of the three track panels so that we can park the chassis on just one panel, which makes it easier to get in and out of the garage.  This involved moving it part way out then building a 3 ft. length of wooden track from packing, then putting the next panel in place.  We then gingerly rolled the chassis over the wood and onto the end panel, before pulling up the wood and pulling the other track panels forward.  This worked and when we put it away later we parked it on one 6 ft. length of track.  Ian then spent the day undercoating the wheels and axles. 

Jim and I spent the morning and most of the afternoon checking and fettling the window templates.  By afternoon coffee break we had done 14 of the 16 and Jim is going to do the remaining two at home.  I then did some measuring up to finalise the drawings for the tie bars; this involved checking the wheelbase of the tram as rebuilt, and the rolling chassis.  Fortunately these are identical at 4 feet 10 inches. 

Next week it will be six years since we started the project and there is defintely something to show for our efforts.


Reader Comments

There are no comments for this journal entry. To create a new comment, use the form below.

PostPost a New Comment

Enter your information below to add a new comment.

My response is on my own website »
Author Email (optional):
Author URL (optional):
Some HTML allowed: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <code> <em> <i> <strike> <strong>